Situated in the middle of the City Bowl, Six on Scott gives you the perfect starting point to explore Cape Town and its surrounding areas. Only 20 minutes from the airport and 10 minutes from the beach, the V&A Waterfront shopping precinct, and the Cape Town International Convention Centre, the guesthouse is perfectly positioned for both holidaymakers and businesspeople.
- Relaxed Dunkley Square and upmarket Wembley Square with restaurants, bars, cafés & gym
- Gardens Shopping Centre, boasting a variety of shops, cafés, small boutiques, banks & ATMs
- The Company´s Garden, a historical park and oasis right in the centre of the city
- The City centre with Green Market Square, popular Long Street and Kloof Street (lined with boutiques, bars & superb restaurants)
- Several museums & galleries,the Planetarium and the Castle of Good Hope
- The MyCiTi bus station – convenient public transport service on your doorstep
This delightful place situated close to Six on Scott is a stunning spot to unwind. The small galleries, creative offices and cosy bars and restaurants make this an ideal breakaway from the busier parts of Cape Town. Order a fresh waffle with your afternoon tea or enjoy a scrumptious Greek dinner after a day out. Bars stay open until 2am, so there’s plenty of time for that nightcap.
The area known as District Six got its name from being the Sixth Municipal District of Cape Town in 1867. Destructed under Apartheid, it was a community that prided itself on diversity at a number of levels – language, religion, economic class, geographical area of origin – and became a living example of how our differences can strengthen a community, and that these differences should be embraced rather than feared.
The CBD is the heart of Cape Town, and Long Street is its major artery. Running all the way from the Cape Town Convention Centre, cutting through the middle of the CBD, and ending at Kloof Street, Long Street forms a big part of the city’s street culture. By day, the street is teeming with people popping in and out of shops and cafés, but when the sun drops behind the mountain, the restaurants, bars and clubs come to life.
6 Scott Street, Gardens,
+27 (0)21 462 71 97